Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 3: Argumentative Research Essay (Draft)
Due Week 7
For the argumentative research essay (draft) you will explore one of the four topics in the listed below:
- Responsibility of companies to provide accurate information to consumers
- Accountability in the media
- Advertising and information
- Technology and innovation in the classroom
The purpose of this assignment is to research the chosen topic, decide your stance, and write your essay to persuade the reader to adopt your stance. The essay must be 5-7 pages long and must use at least 6 academically appropriate sources (requirements listed below).
Your points must be clearly supported and the target audience is a similar group of people as yourself (same relative age range and education level).
How to assemble the essay:
- Choose a topic from the provided list and create a research question.
- Research the question and determine your stance (follow the research requirements listed below).
- Write a thesis statement that covers the paper topic, stance, and direction (what you want the reader to comprehend by the end of your essay).
- Create an essay in APA format with proper in-text citations and a References page.
- Each point made should be supported by quoted or paraphrased information from at least one academically relevant source.
- As a general rule, you will have 2-3 citations in each fully-developed paragraph.
- Include a minimum of one paragraph that deals with an opposing viewpoint (including a minimum of one source).
- Review draft to be certain ideas flow, each paragraph supports the thesis found at the end of the introduction, and that the conclusion provides a strong sense of closure.
- Proofread the final version for grammatical, sentence structure, clarity, and word use errors.
- Submit the essay to the provided Blackboard link in Week 7.
- Minimum 3 sources from peer reviewed databases (EBSCOhost or other instructor approved database)
- Minimum 3 sources published since 2015
- Minimum 1 source supporting opposing viewpoint
- Standard dictionaries and encyclopedias (including Wikipedia.org) do not count toward requirement
The final version must:
- Be in essay form with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Meet the 5-7 page requirement (title and References pages do not count).
- Take a clear stance and articulate the stance through a well-developed thesis.
- Use a minimum of 6 academically appropriate sources (follow source requirements above) properly cited in APA format and represented on a References page.