Much of the knowledge we gain comes from our learning and personal
experiences. For this assignment, you will spend time talking with an
experienced preschool teacher or, if you are currently a preschool
teacher, you can answer the questions yourself. Your assignment is to
select five questions regarding the support of language acquisition and
language developmental stages in the classroom. Please review these possible questions that could guide your interview or you can create your own questions.
For this project, choose one of the following methods of completion:
- Identify five questions that you could ask someone with preschool experience about how they support language acquisition for the stages of development in the classroom. Document the interview. You can record the interview (with permission) or you can write your questions and answers.
- Analyze the provided answers using your knowledge gained, the textbook, and at least one other resource to substantiate or refute their answers. You can provide elaboration for or against their responses further strengthening your own understanding.
- Summarize and explain three ways you will meet the needs of children in this stage to support their language development using the provided answers and your knowledge.
- Identify five questions that you may be asked in a future interview regarding how you will support language acquisition for the stages of development in your future professional role. Document the interview. You can record a mock interview or you can write your questions/answers.
- Analyze your own answers using your knowledge gained and information from the textbook and at least one other resource to substantiate your writing.
- Summarize and explain three ways you will meet the needs of children in a developmental stage of your choice to support their language development using your knowledge of language acquisition.
The interview can be submitted as a video, an audio recording, or a
Microsoft Word document (which would be two to three pages in length).
You will also submit a one- to two-page Microsoft Word document (in
addition to the title page and reference page) with your developmental
level selected and elaboration of three ways you can meet the needs of
the children in this developmental stage. Please support your ideas
with information from the textbook and at least one other outside
resource. Your paper must be written in APA format as outlined in the
Ashford Writing Center, and include at least one scholarly resources in
addition to the course text.
When you submit your assignments each week, they will be returned to you
with specific feedback. This feedback should be used to revise the
assignment for the Final Project. Please make the necessary corrections
and save for Week Five use in the Final Project.