- Week 1: Section 1: Introduction
- Week 1: Section 2: Network Architecture
- Week 2: Section 3: Managing and Protecting Data
- Week 3: Section 4: Risk Assessment
- Week 4: Section 5: Digital Evidence Controls, Computer Forensic Analysis, and Recovering Files
- Week 5: Section 6: Recommendations for Best Practices
The following is the outline for the document shell:
- Use Word
- Title Page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Student name
- Table of Contents (TOC)
- Use an autogenerated TOC.
- This should be on a separate page.
- Be sure to update the fields of the TOC so it is up-to-date before submitting your project.
- Section Headings (create each heading on a new page with TBD as content except for sections listed under New Content below)
- Network Architecture
- Managing and Protecting Data
- Risk Assessment
- Digital Evidence Controls, Computer Forensic Analysis, and Recovering Files
- Disaster Recover and Business Continuity Policies
- Training Plan
- Recommendations for Best Practices
The project deliverables for Week 1 will include the completion of 2 sections.
Section 1: Introduction
You are a system administrator, and you have been selected to develop a Network Architecture Security Plan Proposal for an enterprise or organization with which you are familiar or for a fictitious enterprise.
The first step will be to select an enterprise or organization as the target for your Network Architecture Security Plan Proposal. This project will be used as the basis for each of the assignments throughout the course and should conform to the following guidelines:
- The selected enterprise should be large enough to reflect the need to consider the adoption of the Network Architecture Security Plan and best practices for network security.
- You should be familiar enough with the organization to allow focus on its network architecture.
- Select an enterprise that fits these requirements, and address the following:
- Describe the organization, including a company size, a company location, and a list of products or services.
- Include the rationale for your choice.
Section 2: Network Architecture
Complete the following:
- Describe the network architecture for this organization.
- Identify physical structures, major types of hardware used to connect computers and networks together, and the way data travels through the network.
- Include a diagram to help support your description of the network architecture.
Name the document “yourname_IT340_IP1.doc.”
All references should be cited using APA format.