Choose one article from a primary scientific literature source which uses a microbe as a model organism/system and write a comprehensive summary of the study that answers the following questions
NOTE: MANY FREE ARTICLES MAY BE OBTAINED FROM WWW.PUBMED.GOV
- Why did the scientists perform the study (i.e. description of background)?
- What was the hypothesis (or hypotheses) under investigation?
- What were the major results and did they support or negate the hypothesis? Which key techniques were used to achieve these results?
- Why are the results significant and do they point to further/future studies? In other words, why does this article matter and what should or could be done next?
- Why did you choose this particular article to review? Was it interesting, informative, clearly written, or none of the above?