Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Report on Global Issues in Australian Policing
1. Choose ONE (1) global topic
1) Human rights policing
2) Intelligence-led policing
3) Economics of policing
2. Identify the critical factors and important issues relating to your chosen topic
Why are policing services concerned with human rights, intelligence-led practices or the costs of policing?
What does the research say about human rights, intelligence-led practices or the costs of policing?
4. Choose an Australian policing service other than NSW Police Force
– Australian Federal Police
~ and/or ACT Police (as a business unit of the Australian Federal Police)
- Victoria Police
- Queensland Police Service
- Tasmania Police
- South Australia Police
- Western Australia Police
- Northern Territory Police Force
5. Visit the website of your chosen police service, and review the organisational materials relating to your chosen topic
You will need to download and review materials (where available) such as, but not limited to:
– Annual Reports
- Mission statements
- Business/Operational Plans
- Management Plans
You may also want to visit (if available) the following website pages, and search on the basis of your chosen topic:
- Research, policies, publications
6. As you review the materials from your chosen policing service, consider the issues of human rights policing, intelligence-led practices or the costs of policing?
Is the global issue considered in important organisational documents such as mission statements, business or operational plans, or reviews of policy/practice?
How are they presented?
Are they tied to outcomes or policies and practices?
Has the service committed resources to the issue?
7. Compare your first list from step 3 with the points raised in step 6
What are the key differences between what the research says policing services should be considering, and what policing services say they are doing?
In what ways do human rights policing, intelligence-led practices or the costs of policing shape how your chosen police service operates (what they do, and how they do it)?
Does your chosen policing service prioritise the issue of human rights, intelligence-led practices or the costs of policing? In what ways?
Begin writing your review report
1) Introduce your work, including
An overview of your approach to the topic, including identifying what global topic and what policing service you have chosen
An outline of the key issues relating to your chosen topic and The resources you will use to using to defend your review of your chosen police service (ie
organisational documents such as…)
2) Provide a critical discussion of the research relating to your topic (see your notes from step 3)
3) Provide an outline of the approach taken by your policing service to the global (see notes from step 6)
4) Provide a critical discussion of the differences and similarities between research material and
organisational documents (see notes from step 7)
5) Conclude your work with a summary of the key points identified in your report, with particularly reference to your findings from step 7