Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
For this assignment, you will be researching the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). For the
of your paper:
- Assess the main features of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Compare the definitions of exempt and nonexempt employees.
- Evaluate at least three criteria that differentiate an exempt and nonexempt employee.
In spring 2014, President Obama sent a memo to the US Department of Labor (DOL) Secretary directing reform of FLSA to address white collar exemptions and, effectively, increase the number of employees entitled to overtime pay. Some changes have been approved and became effective as of December 2016. Research some of the revisions the DOL adopted such as an increase in minimum salary requirements and changes to the current “primary duty” test. For the
of your paper:
- Analyze how the modifications differ from the 1938 law and how the status of exempt and nonexempt employees might be altered by the changes.
- Analyze some of the controversies and objections associated with these modifications, and justify your view whether these changes benefit employees or the employer and whether you prefer the previous FLSA law or the changes.
Submit your report to the
W4: Assignment 2 Dropbox
Tuesday, May 30, 2017