Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 8 of the textbook and the articles Ethical Nursing Care Versus Cost Containment: Considerations to Enhance RN Practice; Probing Our Moral Values in Health Care: The Pricing of Specialty Drugs (Links to an external site.); and Unpredictable Drug Shortages: An Ethical Framework for Short-Term Rationing in Hospitals.
through the simulation titled Resource Allocation from the end of
Chapter 8 of your course text. Review the various options in the
simulation, then create a solution to the scenario to meet the
You will need to provide your accounting of each area you will be
keeping with the total at the end at the beginning of your post before
you provide your discussion. Here is a brief synopsis of the simulation
regarding the hospital’s budget and dilemma:
- One 35-year-old cancer patient who needs significant time with the
doctor, medical supplies, tests, and around the clock care. Cost: $135
- Emergency Room operations for daily care and treatment of about 100 people (around $365,000 a year). Cost: $155 million
- Two senior patients who need hip replacement surgery. Cost: $50 million
- 10 patients (ranging in age from 18 to 45) receiving assistance in your inpatient drug/alcohol rehab unit. Cost: $100 million
- An MRI unit that is on the fritz and could die any day. Replacement cost: $170 million
- One of your two X-ray machines is inoperable and must be replaced. Cost: $40 million
- Ambulance drive-in area was damaged and needs to be repaired. Cost: $15 million
- Training needs for nursing staff for certification requirements. Cost: $35 million
- TOTAL: $700 million.
For this discussion, address the following:
- You have $700 million in expenses and only $500 million to work with. How do allocate your resources?
- Who gets treated, who should wait, and why?
- What about your facilities?
- Determine what you plan to do, and explain your reasoning as well as the ethical considerations behind your decision.
Your initial response must be 150 to 250 substantive words minus the accounting of your work.