Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
ESOL: THE METHODS OF TEACHING ESOL
***** PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL WORK IS AUTHENTIC*****
****** THIS ASSIGNMENT HAS 4 PARTS / PLEASE LABEL EACH PART SEPARATELY WITH REFERENCES WHEN COMPLETED******
Part 1- DISCUSSION 5.2
Part 2- DISCUSSION 6.1
Part 3- ASSIGNMENT 6.1
Part 4- 5 QUESTIONS
PART 1- DISCUSSION 5.2
Four Language Domains (subdivisions of language)
Listening: Process, understand, interpret, and evaluate spoken language in a variety of situations
Speaking: Engage in oral communication in a variety of situations for a variety of audiences
Reading: Process, understand, interpret, and evaluate written language, symbols and text with understanding and fluency
Writing: Engage in written communication in a variety of situations for a variety of audiences
Share your understanding of strategies to support the four language domains and how they are included in classroom instruction.
- 3 language learning strategies that teachers should include in their instruction and why.
- 2 strategies you plan to include in your instruct this year and why.
- 1 strategy that you felt did not (or will not) work well with students in your content area or grade level and why.
PART 2- DISCUSSION 6.1
Families can be wonderful support in helping your ELLs achieve in school. Working with the families, however, can be a challenge for teachers. We must be intentional in developing good relations to enable them to support their children in school.
Having read some suggestions for using first language supports and family involvement on the web, consider your own classroom. How could you adapt some of these suggestions to improve communication with your ELL parents?
Outline your own plan to use these resources based on your own classroom. Be specific.
PART 3- ASSIGNMENT 6.1- Classroom Resource Packet
Having checked out the websites for resources, think about the ways you can support ELL language and literacy learning through online practice and materials. We know that many students do not have access to the internet, so think in terms of web resources as well as resources that you could print out or have parents help with at home. Many sites provide support for second language learners through alternative readings, listening practice, writing activities and English conversation practice.
Prepare a resource packet that you can use with ELLs in your classroom. You may use online activities and/or find activities you can use in your own classroom materials. For each you need to include a description of the resource, the purpose of the activity, and the language/content goal for the resource.
https://www.esl-lab.com- This website includes listening activities based on a variety of recorded conversations. Students can listen to conversations at low, moderate and high levels on a variety of topics. Included are pre-listening activities, listening activities, vocabulary activities and post-listening quizzes. Students can be assigned specific conversations for listening practice with the goal of improving listening skills as well as vocabulary practice. Before having students go to this site, preparation would include:
1. Selecting the conversation based on level of proficiency and topic
2. Providing direct instruction and specific step by step directions to assist the student in using the site
3. Specific requirements for the student’s written response and reflection (what did I have trouble with, do well, etc.). Prepare a sheet to be completed by the student during the assignment.
For this assignment, please prepare a packet that includes resources in each of the four language areas that need to be addressed:
- Listening activities
- Speaking activities
- Reading activities
- Writing activities
PART 4- QUESTIONS – EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING WORKSHEET
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS BASED ON YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE AS AN OFFICE MANAGER/FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR.
1, Concrete Experience: Describe the nature of the experience, e.g., what you did, why, when, where, for how long, others involved, the depth and breadth of the experience, other experiences contributing to the knowledge gained.
2. Observations and Reflections: Describe and analyze the effects, e.g., what worked and what did not, what you learned about yourself, others, or that particular situation, what you noticed as a result of this experience.
3. Formation of Abstract Concepts and Generalizations: Describe the underlying principles that shaped the experience(s), e.g., theories, patterns, rules, methods, beliefs, etc., and why they work.
4. Testing or Applying Concepts in New Situations: Describe how you can use or have used what you learned, e.g., how you can use this knowledge in other situations in the future, of what use the knowledge is. Does it apply to other organizations, to other people?
5. Documentation of the Learning Experience: Identify the sources of the learning, e.g., secure appropriate materials to verify the experience and validate the knowledge.