Case 4: Drawing Inferences about Population Means and Porportions
A researcher conducts a test on the effectiveness of a cholesterol treatment on 114 total subjects. Assuming the tails of distributions are normal distribution, is there evidence that the treatment is effective?
|Cholesterol Decreased||No Cholesterol Decrease||Total|
1. Briefly describe the procedure for testing hypotheses.
2. Formulate the null and alternative hypotheses.
3. Determine the test statistic that you will use.
4. Calculate the p-value. Show your work.
5. Discuss whether there is enough evidence to reject the null hypothesis.