Requirements for patient encounters per course
· Consensus of patient numbers by course. These are MINIMUM numbers of patients:
· NURS 6531 – 144 patients in 144 hours
· NURS 6540 – 100 patients in 144 hours
· NURS 6541 – 144 patients in 144 hours
· NURS 6550 – 75 patients in 144 hours
· ***NURS 6551 – 100 GYN patients; 25 OB patients in 144 required hours
· NURS 6560 – 75 patients in 144 hours
· NURS 6565 – 144 patients in 144 hours
· PMHNP Courses: NURS 6640, NURS 6650, NURS 6660, NURS 6670:
· “Students in the PMHNP program will need to complete 144 hours of practicum in EACH of the four practicum courses. It is acknowledged that a variety of factors will influence the number of clients seen, but students should strive to see as many clients possible each clinical day.”
· *A minimum of 144 clinical hours are required in each practicum course. More hours can be completed but cannot transfer to another clinical course.
· Students are to upload their information on the time log and patients log every 48 hours.
· Midterm and final evals by preceptor need to be completed in Meditrek.
· Midterm eval should be completed prior to midterm conference call, then reviewed.
· Didactic faculty are responsible to ensure ALL clinical students have their time logs signed and final evals completed prior to entering final grade.
Documenting Clinical Experiences for the Course
· To prepare for this course’s Practicum Experience, address the following in Practicum Journal (AGPCNP and FNP students ONLY):
· Select and describe a nursing theory to guide your practice.
· Develop goals and objectives for your Practicum Experience in this course. When developing r goals and objectives, students are to be sure to keep the competency domains of practice in mind.
· Create a timeline of practicum activities based on your practicum requirements.
· All students are required to have their preceptor complete a midterm and final evaluation in order to pass the course
· Midterm evaluation is done through Meditrek and should be completed by the preceptor during weeks 4-6; the preceptor will receive login credentials to Meditrek beginning in week 3.
· Students must have a satisfactory final evaluation by preceptor in Meditrek by end of week 10.
All students are required to have their preceptor and practicum site evaluation in Meditrek by end of week 10