495 L Week 7
1 Discussion Board
1 Power Point presentation
ALL APA STYLE AND REFERECES DUE DATE 10/13/2020
Complete your Week 4 required discussion prompt.
· Discuss two areas of difficulty you encountered or two new nursing interventions you learned this week at your clinical site. You may also choose to share one of each.
Topic for the Journal: Obese patient have more medical problems.
· 1 What are your upcoming week’s specific learning goals and objectives?
· 2 What is your upcoming week’s detailed schedule at your community practice experience placement?
· 3 Were there any placement items/issues that occurred this week that you feel your instructor should be aware of that are private in nature and are more appropriately shared here than in the discussion board with your classmates?
· 4 Give a brief description of an objective you worked on this week. Make sure to cite at least one reference showing how your objective relates to the public health knowledge you’ve studied during this course or the public health course. You may choose to reference your e-text, journal articles, or videos you’ve studied during these courses or you may find an outside reference on your own to further enhance your public health knowledge and practices.
Remember, your journal entries are an important aspect of clinical learning as they serve to help you reflect upon and get the most out of your community practice experience. Therefore, your journal entry should include the who, what, where, and when of your community practice experience. Remember, this should simulate a dialogue that would normally take place face-to-face with your community practice experience instructor.
Prepare a 15- to 20-slide presentation.
This windshield survey is a tool used by public health nurses to obtain basic knowledge about a given community. This survey can be conducted by traveling by car, walking, or taking public transportation to gather information on the health of a community and the members of that community. When conducting this survey, make sure to include all community participants, schools, police, fire, hospitals, clinics, etc. Also, please make sure to share your completed presentation with an identified entity in the surveyed community who might be interested in your findings.
For an example project, watch the Community Assessment Windshield Survey video at this link: