Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Describe the historical development of the humanities from the pre-historic era to the present.
- Describe the historical origins of selected religious traditions.
- Explain how selected religious traditions continue to influence contemporary life.
- Competency 2: Examine the forms of expression that instantiate the arts and humanities.
- Assess the role of ritual in expressing religious traditions.
- Competency 3: Integrate the humanities with everyday life.
- Explain the transformative role of religious values in personal and professional life.
- Competency 4: Communicate effectively in forms appropriate to the humanities.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Select two of the major religious traditions studied in this unit of the course. Summarize the key features of each and contrast them with each other and with the Greek philosophical tradition. Write an essay in which you answer the following:
- What sensations, feelings, thoughts, and behaviors are expressed in religious rituals?
- How have religious traditions survived from their historical origins down to the present day?
- What social and cultural differences make it difficult for people from distinct traditions to relate to each other productively?
- What power do these approaches have to transform individual lives?
Your essay may well include reflection on the role of religious traditions in your own life, but please take care to develop your analysis of the issues independently of your own convictions.
Refer to the Religious Tradition Scoring Guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment.
You are required to submit your assignment to the Turnitin source matching tool.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Length: 4–6 typed and double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.