Activity: Select the appropriate in-text citation format for the following citations found in Mercier, 2017.
1. In a famous series of experiments, __________________ demonstrated that participants could be led to believe they remembered seeing something when in fact this memory had been suggested to them after the relevant event.1
A. Loftus (1975)
C. (Loftus, 1975)
2. In Asch’s experiments, when a single confederate providing the correct answer was present, participants followed the majority on only 5.5% of the trials _______________.1
A. (Asch, 1951)
C. (Asch in 1951)
D. (Ash’s 1951 experiments)
3. In modern democracies, voters are sometimes thought to vote against their interests as a result of manipulations by the media and political campaigns, making for another potential instance of
A. (Frank, 2007: Herman & Chomsky, 2008)
B. (Frank, 2007; Herman and Chomsky, 2008)
C. (Frank, 2007; Herman, Chomsky, 2008)
D. (Frank, 2007; Herman & Chomsky, 2008)
Select the appropriate in-text citation format for the following citations found in Papanicolaou, 2017.
1. At the closing of his delightful monograph, ___________________ drew the obvious distinction between a movement and an act—the latter being an intended movement for accomplishing a goal.
A. Denis Noble (Noble, 2006)
B. Denis Noble (Noble’s monograph in 2006)
C. Denis Noble (Noble, Denis 2006)
D. Denis Noble (2006)
2. ___________________________ proposed yet another reasonable interpretation of what the observed neurophysiological events are specific to, which is as probable as any other, namely that they represent the incrementally evolving conscious feeling of initiation starting before it has reached the level of reportability.
A. Miller & Schwarz (2014)
B. Miller, Schwarz 2014
C. Miller and Schwarz (2014)
D. Miller and Schwarz 2014,
3. The same goes for the changes in single neuron discharge rates preceding similar decisions to act ________________.
A. (Fried and colleagues 2011)
B. (Fried et. al. 2011)
C. (Fried et. al., 2011)
D. (Fried et al., 2011)