You are provided a handout to begin this discussion.
Discuss system hardening strategies and techniques including updates and patches, default logon/passwords, anonymous access, removal of unneeded services, separation of production and development environments, and settings such as password length and complexity by answering the following questions:
- What hardening guidelines or standards are you familiar with?
- What steps have you taken to harden systems?
- What function do each of the strategies discussed serve?
Summarize your thoughts in a Microsoft Word document checking for spelling and grammar, then submit it directly (cut & paste) into the discussion thread.
Respond to at least two other students’ views to engage in a meaningful debate regarding their posts or to defend your post.
- Textbook and Internet
- Handout: System Hardening
- Format: Please enter directly into the Discussion Question window
- Citation Style: Follow APA
- At least 300 words
- Spelling and Grammar count so I suggest you first type your post into MS Word and check for spelling and grammar. You can then cut & Paste into the Discussion Question thread.
- I discussed my experience with formal hardening guidelines and standards.
- I offered details such as what function the strategy serves.
- I responded to at least two other students’ views to engage in a meaningful debate regarding their choices or to defend my choices.