Select any HR topic you would like to complete research on and post your research topic request in the Discussion Board for instructor approval. The HR research paper is due during Unit 13 of the course. The HR research topic can focus on any chapter in the textbook and must be linked to one or more chapter learning goal. A question to guide your research, for example, is “What actions can an employer take to avoid violation of EEO laws?” or “What are the major issues facing an HR Director in today’s business environment?” You must use applicable HR terms, methodologies and/or concepts from the relevant chapter readings and/or other coursework materials to support your research. Please include the following information in your request for instructor approval of your research topic:
- The HR question you are trying to answer.
- Chapter learning goals the HR topic is linked to.
- The reason why you selected the HR research topic.
To submit your request for HR research topic approval, 1. click (right click to open in a new window) the “Select HR Research Paper Topic” link above. 2. click the Request Approval for HR Research Topic forum.
Post your research paper in Chapter 13 in the in the Assignment Section/Part IV: Chapters 13-16 Assignments.
Points may be deducted for failure to meet any of the below requirements:
- The main body of the paper must be 4-5 double-spaced pages
- Must include a minimum of three HR relevant electronic references in APA format.
- Must provide a comprehensive answer to the question you asked at the beginning of the research project.
- Must clearly show linkage to one or more chapter learning goals.
- Must include your personal conclusion about the topic resulting from your investigation of it. However the personal conclusion must derived from verifiable HR principles; personal opinions are not valid.
- Must explain how your understanding at the end of research is different from or similar to your thoughts at the beginning.