Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
PLEASE SEPARATE EACH ASSIGNMENT ON A SEPARATE WORD DOCUMENT
There are three written assignments in the course, in which you will use the same organization to analyze the culture and make recommendations. Therefore, it is essential you start to think now about your company selection.
Consider selecting a company you work for, a company a family member or friend works for, or a civic organization. To ensure your selection sets you up for success in all three assignments, be sure to review the COURSE ASSIGNMENTS (PDF), and ensure that your selected company:
- is one you are familiar and can draw on internal processes the public (outsider) is unaware,
- has true issues that need to be resolved, and
- allows for realistic and enforceable solutions for the organization to be successful.
When you are ready to begin this assignment, select begin at the bottom of the page and use the provided textbox to address the following:
- Identify the company that you want to research for the three written assignments in the course.
- Describe the organizational issue in your chosen company.
- Explain why the issue hinders organizational efficiency.
2: Select a publicly traded company to research and evaluate its Human Resource (HR) and business strategy, HR department job positions, and ways it markets its company regarding human capital. Some company Websites that provide this information are listed below:
- Marriott: http://www.arubamarriottcareers.com/JobDescriptions.html
- Allstate: http://www.jigsaw.com/id209321_d40/allstate_insurance_human_resources_business_contacts.xhtml
- State Farm: http://www.statefarm.com/about/retirees/news_articles/hr_serv_assist.asp
- Ford Motor Company: http://corporate.ford.com/careers/career-paths/human-resources?&ccode=US
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Propose how you would ensure the HR strategy is in alignment with the business strategy.
- Describe the HR job positions and the responsibilities listed for that HR department.
- Determine which HR job positions you would prefer and explain why.
- Analyze how the selected company can establish HRM strategies to improve competitive advantages.
- Propose three (3) ways that the company can increase diversity.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the role of human resource management (HRM) in organizations and how it supports the organization’s business strategy.
- Evaluate human resource strategies and how these strategies align with business strategies.
- Create a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Formulate HRM strategies and policies to recruit, select, place, and retain the most efficient and effective workforce.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic human resource development.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic human resource development using proper writing mechanics.
Identify 1-3 leadership values that are most important to you. Explain the reasons for their importance, using the below questions as a guide:
a. Why are these values important to you?
b. As a leader, why are these values essential for effective communication?
c. How do these values impact/support your executive presence?
2. Discuss a business leader (other than Jack Welch) who exhibits executive presence.
a. In what ways does this leader exhibit executive presence?
b. What aspects of his or her executive presence appeal to you? Why?
c. How does your leadership style compare to this leader’s?
3. Jack defines winning as, “Growing yourself, your organization, and your teams.” Describe what winning means for you.
a. What does winning look like for you?
b. Why is it important to you?
c. How do your leadership values support winning for you?
© Strayer University. All Rights Reserved. This document contains Strayer University confidential and proprietary information and may not be copied, further distributed, or otherwise disclosed, in whole or in part, without the expressed written permission of Strayer University. This course guide is subject to change based on the needs of the class.
JWMI 505 – Assignment 1 (1184) Page 1 of 3
JWI 505: Business Communication and Executive Presence
Academic Submissions and Evaluation
4. Present your video using strategic communication skills and with Executive Presence. See the Best Practices below to guide you in achieving this.
Executive Presence and Strategic Communication Best Practices:
Remember to focus on utilizing and exhibiting the following:
State your intent and purpose at the onset
Speak confidently, expressively, with passionate purpose and energy
Be authentic and fully present in an engaging manner
Build connection with your audience
Exude your Executive Presence by looking professional (business casual or business attire)
Make sure your background is free from clutter (you do not want to distract your audience)
Make sure your surroundings are quiet (i.e. no children, animals, cars, or other extraneous noise in
Communication is organized, logically flows, uses “beginnings and endings,” and other appropriate
strategies to deliver strong, clear communication