Your colleagues then review your diagnosis for validity, recommending an evidence-based tool to use in your case.
Such tools help confirm the details and validity of a diagnosis. Measures also help clinicians notice other patterns in a disorder that might otherwise be missed. By confirming an accurate diagnosis through a measurement instrument, a social worker ensures that the appropriate evidence-based treatment is used.
Please be mindful I will make a video from the information provided for the video to not be more than 5 min.
Assignment (Please follow promps, use subheadings and please add subsytance the feedback from instructor we are not applying theory to assignments.
- Describe your case concisely and clearly.
- Describe your decision-making process for identifying the key problems in the case and the differential eliminations for your case.
- Identify the diagnosis chosen by you and your partner for the client in the case. Explain the diagnosis by providing the supporting DSM-5 criteria with specific examples of how your client met those criteria.
Morrison, J. (2014). Diagnosis made easier (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Chapter 5, “Coping with Uncertainty” (pp. 43–56)
- Chapter 13, “Diagnosing Psychosis” (pp. 185–215)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013o). Schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders. In Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: Author. doi:10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596.dsm02
American Psychiatric Association. (2013b). Assessment measures. In Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: Author. doi:10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596.AssessmentMeasures