Considering Stress Theory
Need by 01 March 2016 by 2300hrs EST
For this Assignment, you will write about Sandra Lombardino’s ecomap that you submitted in Unit 8. In your paper, you will summarize and evaluate the influences of the environment on Sandra’s behavior and family system.
Using the ecomap you created as a resource, discuss the following topics about Sandra and her family:
- Provide a one paragraph history about Sandra’s life to this point.
- Explain whether Sandra is in Integrity or Despair as defined by Erik Erikson in his Theory of Psychosocial Development. Explore how this transition crisis may be resolved by a HSP conducting a life review with Sandra.
- Using Sandra’s ecomap, describe what systems (influences) are causing the most stress and negative influence on Sandra’s behavior and decision making.
- Considering Stress Theory, what are some recommendations a HSP could make to Sandra to help her cope with her trauma/stress that may help her meet her goal of a long life expectancy?
- If you were working with Sandra and she provided consent to contact her family, do you believe that involving her adult children would make a positive impact to her family system? Explain why or why not.
- What role could Sandra’s adult children play in helping Sandra cope with her trauma/stress?
- Name one human services agency that serves older adults that may provide assistance to Sandra and her family. Explain how this agency would specifically help Sandra and her family with their current stressors.
- Considering all you have learned in HN144, what are some best practice approaches that a human service professional could use to help a multigenerational family experiencing a negative environment?
The paper should be 8 complete paragraphs, resulting in approximately 2–3 pages of text in addition to the cover page and the final reference page. It also should be free of spelling and grammatical errors and double-spaced, using a 12 point Times New Roman font.
It should include a cover page and a final reference page where sources are cited in the e-book course text and any other sources you choose to include in the paper. The only required source is the text. The assignment must be original work and plagiarism free.
It is important to always attribute credit to the proper sources when relying on the text, articles, websites, or other sources. You must credit the work when you:
- Summarize concepts and theories that you learned in the text, articles, or internet sources.
- Use others’ ideas, theories, and concepts in constructing Discussion topic responses or completing Assignments.
- Use direct quotes in the context of your paper (when quoting directly, you must use quotation marks).
You may use the following reference: Zastrow, Charles. Brooks/Cole Empowerment Series: Understanding Human Behavior and the Social Environment, 9th Edition. Cengage Learning, 2013. VitalSource Bookshelf Online.