Assignment Completing a Qualitative Study
Due Date: Mar 08, 2017 23:59:59 Max Points: 255
This week will allow you to apply what you have been learning along with the information gathered for your 10 Strategic Points. You will use “mock” data to complete your study.
1. Use “Assignments Document” and Mock Interviews to complete this assignment.
2. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
3. Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
4. You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
1. Code the data.
2. Present the results in a table similar to Table 1 in Tables for Assignment document.
3. Create a codebook in a table similar to Table 2 in Tables for Assignment document.
Words or Phrases That Appear Frequently
4. Create a table for each theme similar to Table 3 in Tables for Assignment document.
Inductively Developed Themes
5. Write a report of the results. Include an introduction, discussion of your sample and instruments, data analysis, results, recommendations, and references.
6. See complete directions in “Assignments Document.”
Data coding is present. Coding is done in an exemplary manner and thorough.
Results of the coding are present. Research report is thorough with all components listed in assignment directions. Summary of the results is comprehensive. Data analysis is cogent and complete.
Recommendations are present and insightful. Sources used to support are scholarly and current within 5 years.
Synthesis of source information is present and scholarly. Argument is clear and convincing, presenting a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative. The synthesis and argument in the paper are of publication caliber.
Thesis and/or main claim are clear and comprehensive; the essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. The development indicated by the thesis and/or main claim is acceptable for publication.
Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
The document is correctly formatted to publication standards. All research presented is scholarly, topic-related, and obtained from highly respected, professional, original sources. In-text citations and a reference page are complete and correct. The documentation of cited sources is free of error. The paper could readily be accepted for publication.