Counseling Review Paper Instructions
You will read an academic article provided in the “Assignments” folder in Module/Week 5 that covers a secular professional counseling technique called client centered therapy (CCT). After reading the article, review passages of scripture from the list below and look for evidence that CCT applies biblical truth. Review the article and passages of scripture again looking for the limitations of CCT to achieve life change that brings spiritual health.
Write a 2–3-page (double-spaced) paper that includes an introduction, two main sections and a conclusion. The first section should support that aspects of CCT, an accepted secular counseling technique, are a direct application of biblical truth. Choose select passages of biblical truth from the list below to support your conclusions.
In the second section describe the limitations of CCT to solve our greatest relational and spiritual health problems using support from biblical truth from some of the passages listed below. Think of different goals and expectations for the two types of counseling when determining limits. Please consult your APA manual for how to format your title page, headings, page numbers, in-text citations and references. There is no Abstract needed for this assignment.
Write an introduction paragraph that indicates the purpose of the paper, and end the paper with a conclusion paragraph that summarizes your conclusions. Use the following headings between the introduction and conclusion paragraphs:
· Support for CCT
· Limitations of CCT
Cite all sources used according to current APA format and include the following:
· Title page
· Headers (running head and page numbers on all pages)
· In-text citations
· Reference page
Please consult the grading rubric to grasp more specifics on how points are weighted for this assignment.
Submit this assignment by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 5.
1 Kings 19:1–8
2 Corinthians 12:1–10
|Analysis of Content||0 to 80 points
· Did you demonstrate an understanding of the main aspects of the article?
· Did you adequately synthesize biblical support for your conclusions?
· Did you include citations when you referenced someone’s work or made a factual statement?
· Is the paper 2–3 full pages?
|Organization and Clarity||0 to 70 points
· Is your paper organized (introduction, supporting paragraphs, conclusion)?
· Is your thesis statement clearly conveyed at the end of the introductory paragraph?
· Is your thesis statement supported conclusions made in the body of the paper?
· Do you use transition statements when moving from 1 idea to the next?
· Does the paper flow well?
|References and Format||0 to 50 points
· Do the title page, headers, and headings follow current APA format?
· Are references cited according to current APA format? If this is not followed for references, 1 point will be deducted for each mistake.
· Are in-text citations made according to current APA format?
|Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling||0 to 50 points
· Did you check for misspelled words?
· Is your paper free of run-on sentences or sentence fragments?
· Is your paper written in third person? Using “I/we” or “you” is not appropriate.
· Is your paper free of contractions, and do you appropriately use possessives (apostrophes)?
· Do your verbs agree in number with their subjects?
· Do your pronouns (e.g., “his/her”) agree with their antecedents (e.g., “client”)?