Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Local State Court is Florida
As a paralegal, it may be your job to file documents, either in
person, or electronically, and to then serve the complaint and summons
on the defendant. Each court has its own process for filing and serving
the defendant, and it will be your job to ensure you are aware of the
process. Some states and the federal court system use e-filing. This is
the process by which you file documents in a case using the internet.
For your assignment this week, research the filing fees, procedure for
filing and obtaining a summons in your local state and federal court.
Explain in a few paragraphs the following:
- The filing fee for a complaint in your local state court
- The filing fee for the federal court which has jurisdiction over your hometown
- The process for filing a complaint in your local state court
- The process for filing a complaint in the federal court with jurisdiction over your hometown
- Once the defendant has been served with the complaint, how long will the defendant have to respond to the complaint?
- If the Defendant was served on this assignment’s due date, what
date would he be required to respond to the complaint by under your
state’s rules? How did you calculate this date?
Then, draft a praecipe requesting service of the complaint. Use the
facts from the Justin Tyme Complaint we prepared last week, and the
praecipe sample provided below.