Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Converting within the Metric System
You have been hired as the new Lab Manager for your local hospital. As manager you mustensure that the Doctors have all the medications they require and in the correct dosages. You arein charge of the following drugs/medications: Losartan, Atenolol, Metformin,Hydrochlorothiazide, Protocol A, and Protocol B.On your first day at your new job you are given the supply list for you medications. On this listis the quantity of the supplies on hand. Your new supervisor wishes you to reorganize the list toinclude the original quantity/units to a new list of quantities and different units.
Original List of Drugs and Quantities
1) Losartan: 5000 dekagrams
2) Atenolol: 2500 milligrams
3) Metformin: 5500 hectograms
4) Hydrochlorothiazide: 6000 kilograms
5) Protocol A: 7000 deciliters
6) Protocol B: 4200 kiloliters
New list: Convert each of the above into the indicated unit
1) Losartan to centigrams
2) Atenolol to micrograms
3) Metformin to kilograms
4) Hydrochlorothiazide to milligrams
5) Protocol A to microliters
6) Protocol B to kiloliters
Follow up questions:
7) The range for doses for Losartan per day is 25 – 100 milligrams. What would be thecorresponding range for doses using micrograms?
8) If an epidemic hits town, would the Hospital have enough Losartan on hand to give20,000,000 people a dose of 75 milligrams each? Explain your answer.
Part 2: Impact QuestionProvide an example, or examples, of how the concepts covered in this assignment could beapplied in life or future career choices other than in cooking or medicine. The answer should showsufficient thought, effort, and research.