Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
TOPIC 3: Ch. 19 Environmental Regulation
NUMBER YOUR ANSWERS AND COPY THE QUESTIONS HIGHLIGHTED IN RED IN YOUR ANSWERS.
THIS TOPIC HAS 2 CASES:
- You are senior project manager for Superior Paper, Inc., a paper processing company with plants in several
states. Recently, you have been given responsibility for overseeing the construction of a new plant in High Top, Tennessee, on the edge of the Talladega National Forest. You must also secure a lease from the U.S. Department of the Interior to harvest timber on federal land. Although many residents welcome the new jobs your company will create, others have moved into the area for its natural beauty and are mounting a campaign to keep out new development.
- What environmental laws will apply to the new plant construction?
- What environmental law will have to be followed as you seek to get the national forest lease?
- What steps should you take to maintain good community relations?
- International Paint Company wants to sell a large tract of land with several facilities on it to U.S. Parts Inc. As acquisitions manager for U.S. Parts, what do you need to know before buying this land, other than that International Paint has good ownership, that your company needs the site, and that the price is right?
- Why might you need to know the environmental condition of the land?
- What steps might you want to take before buying the land?