Please solve the following problems. You must show all work for full/partial credit.
Question 1 :
- If the electron were moved twice the distance away from the proton, would the electrical force be:
- If the initial electric Force is, F, and the electron were moved to one third the original distance toward the proton, what would be the new electrical force?
Question 2 :
What is the magnitude and direction of the electric field at a point 0.75 m away from a point charge of +2.0 pC?
Two fixed charges -4.0 µC and -5.0 µC, are separated a certain distance.
- Is the net electric field at a location halfway between the two charges:
- Directed toward the -4.0 µC charge
- Directed toward the -5.0 µC charge
- If the charges are separated by 20 cm, calculate the magnitude of the net electric field halfway between the two charges.
Prove your answer here.
What is the speed of a proton whose kinetic energy is 12.9 keV?
An electron is accelerated by a uniform electric field (1000 V/m) pointing vertically upward.
- Use energy methods to get the magnitude and direction of its velocity after it moves 0.10 cm from rest.
- Does the electron gain or lose potential energy?
How much charge flows through a 12-V battery when a 2.0 mF capacitor is connected across its terminals?