Step 1. Write a 600-word Introduction for your research paper. Use 1″ margins, Times New Roman font. Your Introduction should include:
- describe the problem with integrated schools
- describe the problem with segregated schools
- describe the type of curriculum being taught at the schools you selected
- describe the good things and the not-so-good things about the schools you selected
- describe what events were happening in the USA at the time that the schools were founded
- describe what events were happening in the city, state where the schools were founded
- describe the names, titles, responsibilities of individuals that worked at each school
- SCHOOL CHOSEN: WESTOVER HIGH SCHOOL AND MONROE HIGH SCHOOL…BOTH LOCATED IN ALBANY GA
Be sure to organize the Introduction in a way that helps the reader understand the above information about both of the schools that you selected.
Step 2. Repeat another Annotated Bibliography like you did last week. Include all Annotated Bibliographies in the same document as your Abstract and Introduction.
- another peer-reviewed research article; attach the actual article (i.e. the pdf or word version of the full, peer-reviewed article) to this Assignment as well.
- the article must address school segregation issues that took place BEFORE the 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education decision
- Read the article.
- Add the article to the Bibliography section.
- Write an Annotated Bibliography following the Citation.
Student deliverable. Learn how to write an Annotated Bibliography. There is a sample below. The Annotated Bibliography should have two things – summary and personal reflection. Provide one paragraph summary (comprising of 5-7 sentences) and a one paragraph personal reflection (comprising of 5-7 sentences), single spaced.
- the article
- the M/S Word document that includes ALL of the following:
- the annotation
- the Bibliography
- the Abstract
- the Introduction