Purpose: Martin Seligman identified the happy personality based on subjective well-being. Research finds that people high in subjective well-being are happier than those with low subjective well-being. Based on the concept of character strengths and virtues, the Personal Strengths Inventory will help you to understand your unique personal strengths and how your values influence your individual path to happiness by measuring your personal strengths across 24 key areas as outlined by psychologist Martin Seligman. The purpose of this personality project is to measure personal strengths and analyze how they impact your overall subjective well-being and personality development.
Instructions: Complete the free online Personal Strengths Inventory at: https://www.truity.com/test/personal-strengths-inventory (Links to an external site.). Create a free account to save your results. This is optional, but if you do not create an account, you will not be able to come back to your results once you close your browser window. If you do not create an account, click “No thanks, just show my results.” Once you receive your scores for each of the 24 personal strength, right click on the screen, select Print, and then select Save as PDF for the destination. You will need to submit a copy of the saved results or a screen shot of the full results from your computer along with your essay.
NOTE: If the link above does not work, cut-and-paste it into your web browser.
YOU MUST DOWNLOAD AND SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR TEST RESULTS FOR FULL CREDIT! DO NOT SUBMIT THE URL LINK AS I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VIEW YOUR RESULTS AND YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT!
Complete a two (2) page essay responding the following questions based on your test scores:
1. Which strengths and personal convictions keep you moving forward during hard times?
2. What talents can you tap into for more success at work, school and at home?
3. Which factors do you believe have the greatest impact on your happiness?
- Margins – 1 Inch
- Font – Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri (12pt)
- Spacing – Double
- Length – 2 Pages (3 w/ Title Page)
- Include Separate Title Page – Name, PID, Title of Essay
- DO NOT restate the questions as part of your responses or use extra spaces between your responses to increase page length.
NOTE: YOUR PAPER SHOULD BEGIN ON LINE 1 OF PAGE 2 – DO NOT USE EXTRA SPACES TO MAKE THE PAGE LONGER.