Please use your textbook and to answer both discussion questions.
– You are required to solely use your textbook to answer the questions. No other outside sources are required to answer the questions.
– The more details and examples you use to write your responses, the more points you will likely get.
– You are graded on the originality of your response, the depth, and critical thinking you bring to the discussion. Be sure responses are in your own words, and your own work. Originality is important, and I implore you not to copy the text verbatim from the text. If you do, please be sure to cite the source and page number from the textbook, as I have done in the Online Discussion sample.
– Use that as a template how to answer and cite information from a source. If you do not cite sources/textbook, you will get 0 points if you borrowed information form that source.
– Responses should be at least 300-350 words per question (it’s okay to go over the word limit).
-Lastly, please copy and paste the text in the box and upload your responses as a word document. THANK YOU 🙂 Submissions are due SUNDAY, April 14 (8:00PM)
Industry is starting to take command! Describe the factors that made the U.S. an industrial society during the second half of the 19th. In some ways did the industrial revolution create new forms of freedom for some workers while restricting some freedoms for others?
Discuss the many obstacles faced by immigrants in the United States in the late nineteenth century (Chinese/Jewish/Birds of Passage). Among the immigrant groups arriving in the United States in the late 19th C . how were arrivals from China singled out for particular discrimination by Americans? Why do you think the Chinese received such unique treatment and what factors played into this (think science)?