Broward College Patient Bill of Rights Act Research Paper
Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
For the first part of this assignment, you will write an essay about HIPAA and the Patient Bill of Rights Act. Your essay should address the information and questions presented below. This essay must be a minimum of 200 words. Please include a title page and reference page.
Creating privacy and security laws has been a huge step toward more efficient healthcare and faster reimbursements. Visit the United States Health and Human Services website and research HIPAA regulations and standards as they apply to the medical records. Also, please see the information in your text.
- Question: Explain how HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules benefit and support the integrity of the healthcare industry, patients, and physicians.
The Patient Bill of Rights Act was created with three goals: to assist patients in being more comfortable with healthcare delivery systems, to develop partnerships with patients and healthcare providers, and to stress the important roles that patients play in staying healthy. Please see the information in your text for additional information.
- Question: Name three areas within the Patient Bill of Rights Act that you feel are important for health care providers/patients to abide by, and explain why you feel each area you selected is important. Consider how the rights impact a patient’s choice, consent, and refusal of treatment.
Please read each scenario and select the appropriate policy within the Patient Bill of Rights Act that applies to each scenario. For each scenario, describe in a paragraph why that specific policy in the Patient Bill of Rights Act is critical for demonstrating integrity within the medical assisting profession.
- Donna Jackson’s physician, Dr. Jones, is retiring and recommends Donna continue services with Dr. Smith, who also works in the same office. However, Donna is not comfortable with Dr. Smith and would like the option to select her own physician.
- Keith Davidson needs emergency services because of a life-threatening condition. Keith is currently uninsured and would like to make payment arrangements at a later time.
- Jingle Smith has just been diagnosed with a chronic condition. She is interested in knowing all of her treatment options to combat this diagnosis. Jingle would also like her husband to be a part of the treatment process.
- During Lisa Smith’s visit with her primary care physician, he made derogatory and discriminating comments regarding her weight. Lisa is very uncomfortable with these remarks and wishes to file a complaint with the administration.
- Bianca White has just discovered that someone in her primary care physician’s office released her medical information without her consent. Bianca is not happy about this and wishes to file a complaint with the Office of Inspector General.
Policies within the Patient Bill of Rights Act:
- Confidentiality of Health Information Policy
- Participation in Treatment Decisions Policy
- Access to Emergency Services Policy
- Choice of Providers and Plans Policy
- Respect and Nondiscrimination Policy
- Criterion 1: HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- ● Describes how HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules benefit and support the integrity of the healthcare industry, patient, and physician with at least 100 words.
- Criterion 2: Patient Bill of Rights Act
- Names 3 areas within the Patient Bill of Rights Act that you feel are important for health care providers/patients to abide by, and provide an explanation as to why you feel each area you selected is important with at least 100 words
- Criterion 3: Patient Bill of Rights Act Applied to Scenario
- Correctly selects all appropriate policies within the Patient Bill of Rights Act that applies to each scenario.
- Criterion 4: Paragraph Explanations for Patient Bill of Rights Scenarios
- ● Describe in a paragraph why that specific policy in the Patient Bill of Rights Act is critical for demonstrating integrity within the medical assisting profession with at least 5 sentences.
- Criterion 5: Writing, Mechanics, and APA
- ● Few or no errors in writing, mechanics, and APA style.
- HS210_1805A_-4.1: Explain HIPAA guidelines as it relates to patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Student work indicates the ability to explain how HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules benefit the healthcare industry, patient, and physician and use the knowledge gained to successfully complete the entire assignment.
We’ve proficient writers who can handle both short and long papers, be they academic or non-academic papers, on topics ranging from soup to nuts (both literally and as the saying goes, if you know what we mean). We know how much you care about your grades and academic success. That's why we ensure the highest quality for your assignment. We're ready to help you even in the most critical situation. We're the perfect solution for all your writing needs.
Get a 15% discount on your order using the following coupon code SAVE15
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper