Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Bowen Family Systems Theory provides a detailed set of concepts that are commonly assessed through family interviews, often in conjunction with the creation of a genogram.use the following outline for your analysis:
- Introduce the Bowen model and discuss how the model is systemic.
- Create a genogram of your family of origin, using the correct format.. After you finish, scan or take a picture with your phone or other handheld device of the image and upload it as part of your submission for this assignment. Please be mindful that your drawing must be professional and clear to enable your professor to read and understand your submission. Depict at least three generations (more if you wish to), including you, your parents, and your grandparents (as well as aunts, uncles, and cousins as applicable to complete the assignment). Include information on cultural factors such as race, ethnicity, religion, and social class and demographic information such as age, geographic location of residence, jobs held, etc. You will also include information about the quality of relationships (including divorces, extra-marital affairs, etc.), any mental health or addiction issues, any applicable medical concerns, or any other information you wish to include.
- Use this genogram to begin your assignment by providing a brief overview of the major experiences and patterns of interaction for your family. How do diversity issues affect the family dynamics?
- Write a description of your family in terms of the major concepts of the Bowen approach. This is not a family history, but rather a description that emphasizes an analysis of relationships from a Bowenian perspective. Briefly define each concept and then provide an illustration of each concept from your family of origin.
- Differentiation of Self
- Nuclear Family Emotional System
- Family Projection Process
- Multigenerational Transmission Process
- Emotional Cutoff
- Sibling Position
- Societal Emotional Process
- Identify and then briefly discuss a problem in the family using Bowen theory. This “problem” should involve you directly; it should be real, meaningful, not too big, and something that you are willing to share. Develop a specific intervention plan for this problem based on the Bowenian approach. Make this a very practical, small intervention. You may or may not choose to try it. In Bowenian terms, describe how you think it would affect the dynamics of your family if you did implement this intervention.