Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Topic: Basic Concepts of Resistance Training
Basic Concepts of Resistance Training – Chapters 1 and 2
Write a brief review discussing the various resistance training methods from Chapter 2 and discuss how each principle in Chapter 1 can be utilized in a strength and conditioning program. Choose a total of at least six articles from the selected reading lists on pages 14 and 61 to support your answers.
Students will read all assigned book chapters and select at least the assigned minimum articles from each chapter and write brief reviews using both the information from the book and the selected readings.
Each assignment should consist of:
1. APA in-text citations and appropriate bibliography.
2. Academy Title Page (An example title page may be found under the Resources link in the Welcome to the Course module of this course.)
3. Introduction to the topic(s)
4. Brief description(s) of the topic(s)
5. Results of current literature (focus on the articles you selected).
6. Discussion of the results and how each topic differs and how they can be used (or are related) to strength and conditioning programs. Discuss pros and cons of different techniques, strategies, methods, etc. Why you feel the way you do about each topic.
7. Conclusions of what appear to be the most logical techniques, strategies, methods, etc. and why. Include your ideas for future research and what you think should be accepted.
8. Complete reference list including the articles assigned and other supporting literature.
Each brief review article should not exceed 8 pages of text using 12-point Times New Roman, double-spaced. Students must demonstrate critical thinking and appropriate interpretation of the data and research presented in the articles. Direct quotes are acceptable but should be limited and should only be used to support a conclusion drawn from your own opinion.
Supporting literature for the assignments should be from primary sources and your book; typically websites and magazine articles are not acceptable references. However, if the website is reputable and is the only location for the information, then websites are appropriate. Additionally, if a website is cited to support “someone’s position” on a topic this is also appropriate. For instance, if the USDA.gov published a statement on creatine then this website is acceptable, but if Joe Smith from publishes a statement on creatine, this is not acceptable. However, if you want to say something like “many illinformed people think that creatine causes kidney failure in healthy adults” and then cite Joe Smith from hugebody, this would also be appropriate. If you are unclear whether you can use a reference you should contact your professor.
Students must use proper American Psychological Association (APA) format for citations in text (including direct quotes) and provide an APA formatted reference list.
Submit your assignment as a Word file (with a .doc extension). Be sure to properly name your file similar to this: smith_ja_sar720_assign1, where “smith_ja” is your last name and two initials. Use underscores (Shift Minus) to separate the components of the file name.