Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 2: Social Control and Criminal Deviance: Bullying
Due Week 6 and worth 65 points
Bullying is a difficult concept to understand and reconcile the consequences. This assignment focuses on the critical thinking skills that are needed to analyze an emotionally charged topic.
Student Success Tips
- Review the Student’s Guide to Research section of the textbook (Chapter 2)
- Take notes as you watch the video below.
Write a Three to Four (3-4) page essay in which you:
- Identify the most important step in the student’s guide to research that you would need in order to analyze bullying.
- Define the identified critical step of research in your words.
- Explain how bullying relates to one (1) of the following topics:
- the agents of socialization (i.e., family, teachers and school, peers),
- formal organizations (i.e., conformity to groups),
- different types of deviance (i.e., everyday deviance, sexual deviance, or criminal deviance).
Provide a rationale for your response.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- To keep this essay short and manageable, your only sources for the essay should be the TED video and the sections noted in your text. For this reason, APA citations or references are not required for this assignment.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Define the basic concepts used in the discipline of sociology.
- Define the various methodologies for sociological research.
- Identify the sociological perspective to the inequalities of class, race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomics, and political aspects.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in sociology.
- Write clearly and concisely about sociology using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.