Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Application: Evaluating Client Profile 3 Using a Gestalt or Existential Approach
In this week’s Discussion, you evaluated strengths and weaknesses of using a humanistic/person-centered approach with a client. In this Application, you are asked to evaluate a client using a specific humanistic/person-centered approach.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Bring to mind what you have learned in the past two weeks about Gestalt and Existential theories and their respective theoretical approaches. Select one of these approaches on which to base this assignment.
- Review Client Profile 3: Patrick in this week’s Learning Resources, and think about how you might use your chosen approach with this client.
- Review the course text readings and the media segments for this week, paying attention to how the experts use a specific theoretical orientation, or approach, to evaluate a client.
- In a 1- to 3-page paper, critically evaluate the client in Client Profile 3 using either a Gestalt or Existential approach. Make sure you address:
- The strengths and limitations to using this approach with this client
- The specific cultural/gender/age issues that need to be attended to with this client
- The ethical or legal issues that need to be attended to with this client
- The overall therapeutic goal with this client
- How you would proceed with this client:
- How would you begin?
- What would be the goals of therapy?
- What specific strategies and/or techniques might you use?
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.