Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
prepare for this week, review the following videos in addition to this weekâ€™s assigned Reading.
1. Duran, M. V. (2013). Mental status exam. Retrieved from www.cengage.com/custom/ems/psych/shared/video/play…
2. Duran, M. V. (2013). Clinical assessment. Retrieved from www.cengage.com/custom/ems/psych/shared/video/play…
Diagnosing Clinical Significance
Proceed with this weekâ€™s Discussion by searching the Kaplan library or the internet for a screening instrument used in assessing mental health disorders. Select one of the case studies (accessible from the Course Resources page) and address the following questions and issues about diagnosing mental illness:
1. Explain what the purpose of a clinical assessment is.
2. Identify a commonly used instrument clinicians or psychologists use to screen for a particular disorder and why it would be used. Note, the DSM-5 is not a screening instrument. An instrument helps to identify if a patient is experiencing the symptoms listed in the DSM-5. An example of an instrument is the Beck Depression Inventory that screens for symptoms of major depressive disorder, or the PC-PTSD that is designed to screen for post-traumatic stress disorder.
3. During a clinical assessment, why would a clinician consider the level of severity of a patientâ€™s symptoms?
The strongest answer will refer to the textbook and concepts from the Reading material.