Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Submit 3–5 pages, not including title page or reference page:
Your task is to choose a current (e.g., in the last 12 months) television program or a film and conduct a content analysis that identifies the stereotypical portrayals used by the producers to condemn or endorse specific lifestyle choices.
- Choose one of the major characters in the movie or TV program you’ve selected.
- Describe their physical appearance; are they made to look attractive?
- What role does this person play in the story? Is it stereotypical? Are they effective in that role?
- What is this person’s job? Is it stereotypical? Are they successful in their job?
- Describe two or three specific actions taken by this person.
- What was the outcome of each action? Was it positive or negative?
- Do the actions/outcomes reinforce a stereotype?
- Is the stereotype positive or negative?
- How likeable and/or intelligent is this person?
- How desirable is this person’s lifestyle?
- What are ways to mitigate the stereotyping portrayal you identified in your content analysis?
Be sure your analysis is informed by social psychology theory and research.